Sunday, March 30, 2008

SCGS!!!! walk down memory lane

Hahaha. I realise that I really have yet to contribute to the class blog, so I shall talk about by alma mater: SINGAPORE CHINESE GIRLS' SCHOOL!!! Rhea probably has more memories to bring up, but like Jinting, I only spent 4 years in SCGS, but it was enough to make me more lady-like and have more poise. (I know what you all are thinking: Pearlyn lady-like? Violent more like it!! hahaha. True, but in comparison to what I was like in Primary School, this is a HUGE improvement.) I must also have my SCGS years to thank for giving me such great friends like:



E-hui and Elissa. E-hui was always there to listen to me complain about my horrendous life and then to entertain me during Bio lessons with all her drawings and stuff. She was also a good person to call and crap about not wanting to study while we studied over the phone and got scolded by both our moms :P haha. And her Math is super pro, so good person to look for when I didn't know how to do the various problems, especially for AMath relative velocity.


Elissa was always great to work with. She has initiative, cute drawings and interesting ideas. haha. Elissa also gave me a lot of songs to listen to, so I have her to thank for actually being able to erm, talk about some songs and artistes now. When I sat next to her in Sec4, she would always sing songs, and then stone during Bio lessons. HAHA. But she was another super smart friend :)

And then there were the other important friends like :

Jing Yi, Charlene and Nian-Ci. haha. Jing Yi was always the more quiet one. But then again, she learnt to be louder and eventually was able to suan people like Jinting. haha. Haha. I remember how she liked to eat mee pok and chicken noodle with Elissa :) and then we would queue with her haha. And she liked to eat the orange biscuit too :P

Charlene! HAHAHA. that sound would describe her exactly. She bought a 'Little Miss Shy' shirt and that was the joke of the year. Charlene was my lab partner. Always had a lot of funny things happening in lab, especially chem lab. She once poured H2O2 on her self while trying to adjust her goggles. Turned half her uniform pink. heehee. She was also always very worried for my safety :) everytime we used the bunsen burner, she was afraid I would burn myself because my arm would be lying over the mouth of the burner. Hmmm, Bio lab was fun too :) Charl was squeamish about the sheep's heart, prawn and fish we disected. Can't blame her. Her fish was really very bloody. Poor Charl. haha. Her Bio drawings always looked like cartoons, and apparently, she hasn't lost that because her Econs graphs are cute too :) I was sad when she dropped Physics though. No more fun partner during the boring Physics labs ...

Nian-Ci: Didn't really get to know her all that well. She was always with Charlene though, I guess coz they sat next to each other in class and they lived quite near each other..... hmmm.... but Nian-Ci was sort of like a neutraliser for Charl I guess. I would get crazy with Charl and all the lame jokes and suan-ing would come, and then we would look like little kids next to Nian-Ci :)


Then there was HUI SHAN!!


HAHA!!! Hui Shan is like her favourite colour orange: bright and full of happiness. There never was a dull moment with her around, even when we were busy cheong-ing :) notes for Os and other exams. haha. I think I will remember her most for the funny things she was always doing in class, such as going ''Chen Jing'', ''Da'' with her desk partner in class. Haha. Elissa and I sat in front of them in class. And Jing Da, was well, somebody's name lar. hahaha. super funny to see Elissa get embarrassed :) (okay, I think my hint is super obvious. But it is over le..) Yeah, thank you Hui Shan, for all the fun you injected in the otherwise dreary lessons :)

And there is Yanjun too!!! haha. fellow DBSK fan!!! haha. I think she got hooked on them earlier than E-hui. Ironically, I think I was the first to have access to their songs coz they endorsed my handphone brand, but it wasn't until Yanjun got into them that I really started to listen to their songs. haha. She loves Jaejoong and it is one of the few things that I have ever seen Yanjun go crazy over. If not, she, Jing Yi and I were the more mature and grown up ones among the group of us. Haha. She was great in Math, Combined Humanities and of course, CHINESE!! haha. She is one of the top Chinese students for O-levels :) So, kudos to her too ....... AND DBSK wan sui!!! haha. if Yanjun reads this, please send me DBSK's new songs okay? (^.^)v haha.

ONE MORE!!! Alicea Tan Wei Wei!! She left for VJC IP after Sec2, and I seldom see her now, but she is still a close friend. haha. Alicea used to be so quiet and soft in Sec1. We sat right in front of the teacher, and yet half the time the teacher had to ask her to speak louder. Thank goodness, now in JC, she is very much louder, and not so easy to bully anymore! JIA YOU Alicea!! ahaha. I remember the first day of school, I erm, unfortunately daoed her a bit :( But then, we started talking about weird trivial stuff, and now, we are good friends. We were Math Reps in Sec1, and she was really good at Math too. All these smart people around..... Yeah, and her English and Chinese were super good too. Just that her handwriting left much to be desired. :) We always teased her about being so skinny that a good wind would blow her away, and that she would be able to run super fast if the wind blew from behind her :) Fortuanately, she finally weighed more than 40kg when we met last year.

Of course I have many more friends that I have failed to mention: Jasmine, Claire, Denise, Grace Gan, Shi Hong, Jacqueline, Hoh Ting, basically a lot of people from 2SY, Georgina, and then my juniors, who are really cute :) and of course my dearest cousin Grace Tang XD But i don't have photos of them :(

Haha. Now in JC, and so are most of my friends. The rest I seldom see, and that is something I really regret. Nevermind, SC Carnival soon!!! So I hope to see my friends again :) haha. I must remember to bring my camera to cam-whore :)

And whereever you all are: JIA YOU and please keep in contact!! haha. JOIN SC ALUMNI...... hmmm, but the fee is quite high, so whatever the case, let's meet up soon okay?!?!? YEAH!! SCGS WAN SUI!!! haha. I bet my class will now have somehting to say about that :) [Pearlyn runs away now .....]


No comments: